Who doesn’t love an easy macaroni and cheese recipe? I’m talking, a delicious macaroni and cheese in about 15 minutes. Yes, that fast! I LOVE the Pressure Cooker. We made a recipe before with this handy dandy machine and this one was JUST as good. I’m pretty sure you won’t be buying that blue boxed macaroni and cheese any time soon! :)
Easy Pressure Cooker Macaroni and Cheese recipe
- 16 oz macaroni
- 4 c water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 and 1/2 c milk
- 1 and 1/2 cs half & half
- 8 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 oz Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded
- black pepper, to taste
- Stir macaroni, water, salt, mustard and cayenne pepper together in the pressure cooker; lock the lid and select high pressure.
- Once the pressure button pops up indicating full pressure, set a timer for 4 minutes; use a quick pressure release when the 4 minutes are up.
- Remove lid and stir in the milk and half & half; turn on the “browning” setting and cook 1-3 minutes until thick, stirring often.
- Add the cheese a handful at a time, stirring to allow it to melt into the macaroni; season with pepper and serve.