Erie Island Coffee
You all know that I’m a huge fan of that really popular coffee chain with the little circle green logo on the cups, however this local gem isn’t too far behind in my love for coffee book. :) I have been going and drinking Erie Island Coffee for about 4-5 years now and completely love it!
I first saw them on TV and when mom and I had a girls day in Cleveland one year, we stopped in and gave it a shot. We have only visited the Rocky River location, and it is about an hour drive, but totally worth the trip! It’s a super cute little place that is very cafe like. Obviously they have all of the popular coffee drinks that one would like. I however have only had the iced coffee. They do have a rewards punch card system…you normally get the “card” with your hot drink. If you like a dark roast or even a medium roast coffee, their Signature blend will hit the spot for you! :) I prefer a dark roast compared to mom liking a medium roast, and their coffee hits the spot for both of us!
They also sell their coffee so you can take it home to brew it yourself! :) I totally am guilty of purchasing at least 2-3 bags at a time! LOL
A few years ago I found out that they’ve become so popular, that they now sell their bagged coffee in Cleveland location grocery stores! SCORE! We tend to go to Strongsville a lot (which is much closer than Rocky River), so we’ll stop in and grab a few bags! :) Erie Island Coffee is such a great, local coffee shop that you should definitely check out!
This is NOT a Sponsored post. This post is written by me. All opinions are 100% mine.
Irish Coffee Sheet Cake
This Irish Coffee Sheet Cake recipe is so unbelievably amazing! The original recipe claimed this was a brownie, however I feel this was more like a sheet cake. I’m not a drinker, however I LOVED this recipe. However, do be aware that if you’re serving this to kids, you can totally taste the alcohol…so…it’s not exactly a kid friendly dessert. :) ENJOY!
- 1 and 1/4 c granulated sugar
- 3/4 c butter, softened
- 1/2 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 and 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 c milk
- 1/4 c whiskey
- 2 tbsp instant coffee crystals
- 1 c walnuts, chopped
- 2 and 1/2 c powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp whiskey
- 1 and 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 4 tbsp brewed coffee
- Heat granulated sugar, butter, and 1/2 c cocoa powder in a large saucepan over medium heat until butter melts; stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla; beat lightly just until combined,
- In another bowl stir together flour, baking powder, and baking soda; set aside.
- Stir together milk and 1/4 c whiskey; then stir in coffee crystals.
- Add flour mixture and milk mixture alternately to the chocolate mixture, beating by hand after each addition.
- Stir in nuts then pour into a greased 15x10x1″ baking pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile for the glaze, stir together powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 tablespoon whiskey, and 1 and 1/4 teaspoons vanilla.
- Then stir in 4 tablespoons brewed coffee until of drizzling consistency.