Citrus Sweet Bread
Yep, I used a Bread Maker! I mean, what’s easier than throwing ingredients into a pan, setting the timer, and in four hours you have delicious homemade bread?! We’ve had this machine for years and I have no idea why we do not use it more often! I must admit though, there is a secret ingredient in this recipe! :) It was that extra kick that gave this bread the strong citrusy flavor while being incredibly good for you. What is it you ask? Citrus Fresh Essential Oil by Young Living! :) I’m a huge Essential Oils fan; I throw it in anything from rice to pasta, from drinking water to baked goods! If you do not have Citrus Fresh Essential Oil, you may also use a few teaspoons of fresh Orange Juice! Please enjoy this delicious bread as snack, for breakfast, or even with your dinner! :)
- 1 c milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp sugar
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 and 1/3 c white bread flour
- 3 tsp dry yeast
- 2 drops of Citrus Fresh Essential Oil by Young Living or 2-3 tsp of orange juice
- Add all ingredients into baking pan.
- Insert baking pan securely in baking unit, close lid.
- Select “sweet bread” setting
- Push Start.
- When bread is done, remove pan from unit with oven mitts.
- Let bread sit for 2-4 minutes before removing from pan.
- Allow to cool before slicing.
source: Black and Decker Bread Machine Recipes