Thank you so much for having me guest post today Jessica.
I’ve prepared a quick tutorial on how to make your very own DIY 3-Strand Beaded Pearl Necklace. Trust me, its pretty easy (this was after hours of trying to figure it out…..lol).
What You’ll Need:
- Pearl beads (I used blue and white beads)
- Beading string
- Spacers (I used both decorative and plain spacers)
- Multi-spaced clasps
- Crimp beads
- Cut out 3 strings of varying, graduating lengths e.g.3 strands measuring 5inches, 7 inches and 9inches each, depending on your desired length.
- Attach each of the 3 strings to one end of the brooch with crimp beads, with the longest string at the bottom and the shortest at the top.
- Start stringing the beads in any pattern you like. Stop at your desired length with crimp beads and attach to one end of the clasp.
- Repeat nos. 2 and 3 for the other side of the brooch. For this side, I used longer lengths as I wanted the brooch to sit on the side rather than the middle of the necklace.
- Rock your beautiful necklace or gift it to a loved one as a handmade Christmas present. I gave this to my colleague on her birthday and her excitement warmed my heart and made it all worth my while.
While writing this post, I quickly browsed the internet for another tutorial to give you additional information if you want to try your hands on this beauty. Check out Bev’s Rhinestone Brooch and Bead Tutorial. She did a good job explaining the steps but she used an ever so slightly different method.
If you do make this necklace, please share your work. We’d love to see what you whip up.