As some may know, I deal with computers all day long and I like to have my computer space feel at home, comfy, and cute! One of my first sewing projects was to create some Homemade Mousepads! Thanks to Pinterest I found a pattern that showed me exactly how to do it and I must say that it was pretty easy; even beginners could do it! I know, the material combination sounds weird, but the outcome was awesome! Check it out!
- sewing machine
- non-slip shelf liner
- paper towel
- Cut your fabric in the size you want your mousepad; then cut a bigger piece of the shelf liner.
- Layer the fabric, shelf liner, then paper towel and pin them together; don’t skip on the paper towel otherwise it will get stuck to the foot of the sewing machine.
- Sew your mousepad carefully around the edge; after you are done sewing, pull the paper towel carefully away from the sewing line (it will come away easily).
- Grab a brush and cover the fabric in a thin layer of Modpodge to make the mousepad smooth.
- Let it dry and if necessary put weights on the corners so the pad doesn’t curl.
- Let it dry completely and cut the excess of mat on the edges.