Here is another cornbread recipe we made for a potluck. This one is ALSO delicious! It’s got a little “bite” to it, but then it also has a little sweetness as well! So delicious!! :) And it’s even pretty to look at!! :) ENJOY!
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray an 8×8 or equivalent sized baking dish well with nonstick spray then set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together melted butter and applesauce.
- Add sugar and honey, then whisk to combine.
- Add jalapenos then whisk to combine.
- Add eggs and buttermilk then whisk to combine.
- Add cornmeal then whisk to combine.
- Lastly, add flour, salt, and baking soda then whisk to combine.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish then bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.