There are some days where I wish it was summer and you could grill out and have all those summery flavors for dinner. However, living in Ohio, that’s not always possible! :)
I found this recipe the other day which consisted of grilling out and I thought, why can’t you just make it indoors and have it taste JUST as amazing? And BOY did it! This is SUCH a flavorful recipe that I cannot wait to have again! We had some chicken legs and thighs in the freezer, so we thought we’d pull them out and give this recipe a whirl! :) It’s SOOOO good and SOOOO simple that I cannot wait to have it again! We also made our Roasted Cabbage to go along with this meal! ENJOY!
- 8 pieces of chicken legs and thighs, (you could use breasts)
- 1/8 c dried parsley
- 1/8 c dried basil
- 1/8 c dried rosemary
- 1/8 c dried thyme plus extra
- 3-5 cloves garlic
- zest of one lemon
- juice of one lemon
- Dijon mustard
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 8 Roma tomatoes
- Parmesan Cheese for topping tomatoes
- In a bowl, mix your 1/8 c of each of your herbs. Add 3 cloves of garlic, the zest of one lemon, juice of one lemon , a healthy spoonful of Dijon mustard, salt and pepper; mix. Then add in some olive oil until you get a paste consistency.
- Rub “paste” all over chicken (both sides), then add chicken to a skillet with olive oil to begin the cooking process.
- Cook chicken until juices run clear and is no longer pink (about 35-45 minutes).
- While the chicken is cooking, cut your tomatoes in half to lay them on a foil lined cooking sheet.
- Top with crushed garlic, olive oil, and thyme and roast for 40-50 minutes.
- When tomatoes are finished roasting, top with parmesan cheese!