My family has been eating this Bacon Cabbage and Noodles recipe for YEARS and it’s still a huge favorite because it’s so quick and easy. The best thing? It’s two-times better when you have the left overs! :) I’ve seen this recipe made about a million different ways, but this is the way my family has always enjoyed it! :)
Bacon Cabbage and Noodles
- 1 package egg noodles
- 1 package bacon, diced
- 1 head cabbage, chopped
- salt/pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese, optional
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat.
- Stir in the egg noodles; return to a boil; cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the noodles are cooked through, but still firm to the bite (about 5 minutes).
- Drain noodles and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place the bacon in a large, deep skillet, and cook over medium-high heat; cook until evenly browned, drain excess grease when needed (about 10 minutes).
- Stir in the cabbage with the bacon and cook and stir until wilted (about 5 minutes).
- Continue to cook until the cabbage is tender (about 10 minutes).
- Stir in the noodles, and continue cooking just until heated through; add Salt/Pepper to taste.
- Serve and top with parmesan cheese (optional).