This Freshly Squeezed Blue Raspberry Lemonade recipe is just your classic lemonade amped up to the next level! We made this recipe for a crowd and everyone, young and old, just LOVED it. The blue-raspberry taste is SUPER subtle and definitely not too overwhelming if you’re one that doesn’t particularly like the flavor. But, while we did use blue-raspberry, you could use any other flavor of Jolly Rancher that you’d like! Why buy lemonade at the store when it’s THIS easy to make at home? Also, you know exactly what’s going into it and know there are no chemicals involved! :) It’s SUPER easy and SUPER delicious! If you’re making it for a crowd, I would highly recommend you double the recipe. :) ENJOY!
- 1 c lemon juice (about 6 lemons)
- 3/4 c sugar
- 6 c water
- 6-8 blue-raspberry Jolly Ranchers Original Hard Candies
- blue food coloring, opttional
- First, accumulate all of the needed lemon juice from your lemons; we used a juicer to save time and energy, however you can get the most juice by firmly rolling the lemons between your hand and the counter if you’re doing it by hand.
- In a gallon pitcher combine lemon juice, sugar, and water; stir/shake/mix.
- Unwrap two Jolly Rancher candies and place in a microwave-safe glass measuring cup with just enough lemonade to cover candies.
- Microwave candies for about 1 and 1/2 minutes; stir.
- If necessary, microwave at HIGH an additional minute at a time, stirring after each heating, until candies are dissolved when stirred.
- Set aside and continue melting the rest of your candies the exact same way (you should do about 3-4 batches).
- Combine melted candies with prepared lemonade.
- Chill before serving or serve immediately over ice.
- You may want to add a few drops of food coloring to achieve that pretty blue color!