We’ve never made a Pecan Pie before; in fact, we’re actually not pie bakers at all. But when I saw this recipe, I knew that it would definitely be one to try! Guess what, I was right! :) It’s pretty darn amazing and everyone just loved it! It’s definitely the perfect pie to make during the holidays. You may wonder, why is there vinegar in this recipe? Well trust me, it’s needed!! It actually cuts down on the richness that surrounds a pecan pie. I mean, lets face it…a pecan pie is practically all sugar, but I hear that there are no calories around the holidays! :) ENJOY!
Carla Hall’s Pecan Pie recipe
- 1 frozen Pie Crust
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 c sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c dark corn syrup
- 2 c pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toast your pecans in a dry saute pan until aromatic (about 5-6 minutes); remove and allow to cool.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the beaten eggs, vinegar, salt, vanilla, and corn syrup, and mix to combine.
- Finally, gently stir in the pecans.
- Pour the filling into the frozen pie crust, place the pie on a baking sheet lined with foil.
- Use a toothpick to make sure all pecans are perfectly flat and arranged.
- Place in the oven and bake on the center rack for about 50-60 minutes, or until the pie is set.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.