I’ve ALWAYS been a huge fan of Chicken and Biscuits and when we found this recipe, it was definitely something we had to try and make. It honest was not that difficult and tasted really good. If it were me, and I did it all over again, I would add more milk. If you follow this recipe exactly, you probably could create a chicken and biscuit sandwich…depending how thick your gravy turns out. ENJOY!
Chicken and Biscuits recipe
- tube of refrigerated biscuits
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1-5 tbsp butter
- 1/4 c flour
- 1 and 1/2 c milk
- 1/4 tsp salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoons pepper, plus more to taste
- Be prepared to bake biscuits according to packaged directions to be done when chicken and gravy is done cooking.
- Cut the chicken breasts into small cubes and melt the 1-2 tbsp butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Toss in the chicken pieces and cook until no pink shows, don’t forget to salt and pepper to season.
- Remove chicken from skillet, add 1-3 more tbsp of butter and stir in flour to whisk until the mixture is smooth (cook for about one minute and let it get bubbly).
- Slowly add the milk to the mixture, stirring with a whisk to get the lumps out.
- Once all the milk is added, turn the heat down and cook for about 5 minutes, or until thickened.
- You may add more butter to taste, and season with salt and pepper.
- Next add back in cooked chicken pieces.
- Top baked, halved biscuits with chicken and gravy.