I know you’ve all had those traditional Chocolate Blossom cookies around Christmas time, however these Chocolate Cherry Blossom Cookies recipe is a completely different take on those cookies, while also making them look completely festive! Aren’t they super cute? They definitely were a huge hit for us last Christmas! ENJOY! :)
Chocolate Cherry Blossom Cookies
- 2 Sticks butter, softened
- 1 c powdered sugar
- 2 tsp maraschino cherry liquid
- red food coloring
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 and 1/4 c flour
- 10 oz jar maraschino cherries (no liquid)
- 3 tbsp white sugar
- 36 Hershey’s Kisses, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Drain cherries of their liquid, but be sure to reserve 2 tbsp of their juice.
- Cream butter using a mixer or wooden spoon and gradually stir in powdered sugar a little at a time.
- Stir in cherry juice, red food coloring, and vanilla.
- Next, gradually stir in flour a little at a time; mix until just combined, then fold in cherries.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls and roll in white sugar.
- When placing on cookie sheet, gently flatten using a small juice glass.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until the sides are just beginning to brown.
- Remove from oven and immediately press a kiss into the middle of each cookie.