Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Vitamix Breakfast Smoothie
Do you ever just get tired of eating breakfast? Yeah, me too. I’m not too keen on smoothies, however I thought I would try this Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Vitamix Breakfast Smoothie. I do have to say that it pretty much filled me up almost immediately after I drank it and it kept me full for quite sometime, unlike if I were to eat cereal or something similar. I even think kids would love it. And guess what, it’s healthy! :) ENJOY!
- 1 and 3/4 c unsweetened almond milk, divided
- 1/2 c rolled oats
- 1 small frozen banana
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp almond extract
- handful of ice
- In a small bowl stir together 3/4 c milk and the oats; set in the fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Place thickened oat mixture into your blender along with all other ingredients in the list, starting with 1/2 c more of the milk.
- Blend in the Vitamix until smooth.
- You may add more milk to reach desired consistency.