I really love the combination of pumpkin and chocolate together and this bread is the perfect example of that! Try this Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread today! ENJOY!
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- 4 c all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 c sugar
- 3/4 c butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 c water
- 15 oz pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 c plus 2 tbsp miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp pecans, chopped
- 2 tsp sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and grease bottom and lightly flour two 8×4 loaf pans with shortening.
- In medium bowl stir flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg until mixed; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat 2 cups sugar and the butter with electric mixer on medium speed 1 to 2 minutes or until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in water and pumpkin on low speed; add flour mixture; beat on low speed about 1 minute or until moistened.
- Stir in 1 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Spread evenly in pans; sprinkle tops with remaining 2 tablespoons chocolate chips, the pecans and 2 teaspoons sugar.
- Bake 1 hour 5 minutes to 1 hour and 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling rack and cool completely, about 1 and 1/2 hours.