I LOOOOOOVE the flavors of Pumpkin and Chocolate together; and of course I love me some Chocolate Chip cookies, so this recipe is simply amazing!! :) They’re the perfectly soft and chewy pumpkin chocolate chip cookies without being too cakey. These cookies stay fresh covered at room temperature for up to 1 week. You can even make the dough and chill it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days before your bake them. Just allow the dough to come to room temperature before baking. Baked cookies will even freeze well up to three months while unbaked cookie dough balls freeze well up to three months. Just bake frozen cookie dough balls for an extra minute; there’s no need to thaw. :) ENJOY!!
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 c packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 c white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1 and 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 and 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 and 1/2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, whisk the melted butter, brown sugar, and white sugar together until no lumps remain; next whisk in the vanilla and pumpkin until smooth then set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together with a large spoon or rubber spatula (the dough will be very soft).
- Fold in semi-sweet chocolate chips (they may not stick to the dough because of the melted butter, but do your best to have them evenly dispersed in the dough).
- Chill dough for 30 minutes (mandatory).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop about 2 tbsp worth of dough onto baking sheets.
- Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes; the cookies will look very soft and underbaked, but keeping them in the oven for longer may dry them out.
- When you remove them from the oven, press a few more chocolate chips onto the tops.
- If you find that your cookies didn’t spread much at all, flatten them out when you take them out of the oven.
- Allow the cookies to cool for at least 10 minutes on the cookie sheets before transferring to a wire rack; the longer the cookies cool, the chewier they will be.