For the past few years we had been growing some grape vines and finally last Summer we had enough grapes to actually do something with them! We made this amazing tart concord grape syrup that you could use for fancy drinks, pancakes, etc. This recipe makes a fair amount that could can into a couple of pints mason jars. :) You could even half the recipe or give half to a friend as a gift! How great would be be to receive this deliciousness as a gift?! :) Who doesn’t love homemade gifts, especially those that taste as delicious as this one will! :) ENJOY!
Concord Grape Syrup
- 2 lbs concord grapes, seeded
- 1/2 c honey
- 1/4 c white sugar
- 2 c water
- Combine all ingredients in a medium pot and bring to a vigorous boil over high heat.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for approximately 5 more minutes.
- Then remove from the heat, let cool slightly, then strain the mixture by pressing it through a fine mesh sieve.
- This does take a bit of time, but definitely needs to be accomplished!
- The syrup will keep in a sealed jar in the fridge for 2-3 months.