|Make ahead as a freezer meal for later or whip up right now!|
Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas recipe
This recipe is absolutely perfect for days like today. Getting up at 4AM, working both my jobs (one of them twice) and by 8PM only having been home an hour total for the day…. Well, it doesn’t really leave a lot of time for cooking.
It’s days like these that I’m in love with my slow cooker. This could easily be a freezer meal, too. Just put all the ingredients in a freezer bag and label. Cooking time shouldn’t change since the cooking time here is based on frozen chicken being used.
While at home for 30 minutes in between job one and two, I cut up the peppers and tossed them and all other ingredients in the slow cooker. Then I was on my way to work.
On my way back to job number one, I stopped at home and whipped up two fajitas. I scarfed them don while I pumped and then headed back to work for a few more hours.
Definitely saved my day. Everyone at the house enjoyed good food and we even had leftovers!
|So easy and so, so good!|
Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 4-6 hours (high) or 6-8 hours (low)
- Total Time: Varies
- 3-4 (frozen) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 jar mild taco sauce (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 can green chilies
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp taco seasoning (or 1 packet)
- Core and slice peppers. Slice chicken breasts, if desired.
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker.
- When ready to eat, shred chicken with two forks and serve with tortillas, lettuce, cheese, and sour cream, if desired.