Monte Cristo Sandwich
To be honest, I’ve never had a Monte Cristo Sandwich until we made this recipe! Weird, right? However, I’m totally hooked because this recipe was completely amazing! It’s seriously like a grown up grilled cheese sandwich. …but I’m pretty sure kids would love it too! :) ENJOY!
- 2 eggs
- pinches of salt and pepper
- 4 slices sturdy white bread
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 lb thick sliced baked ham
- 1/2 oz, weight shredded swiss cheese
- 2 tbsp butter
- Beat eggs in a shallow dish (large enough to fit a sandwich) along with a few pinches of salt and pepper; set aside.
- Assemble sandwiches with mustard, mayonnaise, ham, and cheese; slightly compress sandwich.
- Over medium heat melt butter in skillet; then dip and coat each sandwich in beaten egg, and place in skillet.
- Cook sandwiches 2-3 minutes on each side, until browned to liking and cheese has melted.
While this is a simple recipe, you could also jazz it up with some spectacular caviar! Either add it between the bread or top it to add that extra elegant touch for any dinner party that you plan on having this holiday season! :)