Deliciously Amazing Irish Coffee Sheet Cake recipe
This Irish Coffee Sheet Cake recipe is so unbelievably amazing! The original recipe claimed this was a brownie, however I feel this was more like a sheet cake. I’m not a drinker, however I LOVED this recipe. However, do be aware that if you’re serving this to kids, you can totally taste the alcohol…so…it’s not exactly a kid friendly dessert. :) ENJOY!
- 1 and 1/4 c granulated sugar
- 3/4 c butter, softened
- 1/2 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 and 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 c milk
- 1/4 c whiskey
- 2 tbsp instant coffee crystals
- 1 c walnuts, chopped
- 2 and 1/2 c powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp whiskey
- 1 and 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 4 tbsp brewed coffee
- Heat granulated sugar, butter, and 1/2 c cocoa powder in a large saucepan over medium heat until butter melts; stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla; beat lightly just until combined,
- In another bowl stir together flour, baking powder, and baking soda; set aside.
- Stir together milk and 1/4 c whiskey; then stir in coffee crystals.
- Add flour mixture and milk mixture alternately to the chocolate mixture, beating by hand after each addition.
- Stir in nuts then pour into a greased 15x10x1″ baking pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile for the glaze, stir together powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 tablespoon whiskey, and 1 and 1/4 teaspoons vanilla.
- Then stir in 4 tablespoons brewed coffee until of drizzling consistency.