There are so many types of chili, how do you know which is the right recipe for you? Well, my family is not a Chili type of family due to various recipes simply having beans in them. It was honestly years before I really even ate chili. However, after making this recipe, we’ve become believers! :) This literally is the only, almost traditional chili, recipe that we enjoy! Needless to say, it’s really the only kind of chili I eat. :) This is a great Easy Beanless Chili recipe to make on the cold winter days because it will warm you RIGHT up! :) Honestly, you don’t even have to follow the recipe exactly. Throw in whatever you’d like, alter the spices and whatnot, if you’d like. AND…if you want to add the beans, add the beans. :) ENJOY!
Easy Beanless Chili
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large bell pepper, minced
- 56 oz diced tomatoes
- 32 oz tomato sauce
- 3 jalapeno peppers, minced
- 1/4 to 1/2 c chili powder
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Cook and stir the beef, onion, and bell pepper in a large pot over medium heat until the beef is brown and onion and pepper are tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, jalapenos, chili powder, red pepper flakes, black pepper, salt, and garlic powder.
- Bring mixture to a slow boil; cover and reduce heat.
- Simmer chili for at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally so that it does not stick.
- Depending on how much liquid you’d like in this recipe, you may not want it to simmer very long, ot you may even want to add some tomato juice.
- This chili can be simmered for several hours; the longer you simmer, the more flavor you will get.
- You may also even cook pasta to add to make this recipe go further and have a bit more subsidence.
- Top with sour cream, Fritos, tortilla chips, shredded cheese, etc.!