Want that PERFECT Baked Potato that you can order at a steak house? Well you definitely can achieve this at home! While it does take a little more time than the quick baked potato method, it’s definitely worth the time and the wait! :) The outside is crispy while the inside comes out creamy, soft, and so flavorful! :) It’s definitely that yummy side dish that you can enjoy in the summer time and even during the cold winter months! It goes great with any meat dish or even as a meal in itself (depending on the size of the potato and the toppings you choose to use)! ENJOY!!
How to Create the Perfect Baked Potato
- medium to large size russet potato
- olive oil
- coarse salt
- whatever toppings you enjoy
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Scrub the potato with warm water, then pierce the skin several times with a knife or fork.
- Next, rub the skin with olive oil then roll it around in salt (the more salt that adheres to the skin, the better).
- Place the potato on a baking sheet in the preheated oven, and bake for 60-90 minutes (until slightly soft and golden brown).
- Top with your favorite toppings.