Fall Chipboard Sign tutorial
Isn’t this simple Fall Sign adorable? It seriously didn’t take that long to make, and also allowed us to use up some of our crafty leftover items!
- 4 pieces of square chipboard (any size you’d like)
- 4 different patterned scrapbook paper
- Ribbon (pretty long in size)
- Modge Podge
- “FALL” letters cut out in cardstock
- Hole Punch
- Buttons, leaves, or other Fall crafty items
- We first cut out the “FALL” letters to fit on the squares with the Cricut in a font that we liked with our chosen cardstock.
- Then we traced the squared chipboard on the patterned paper and cut out the shapes; then we modge podged them onto the chipboard.
- Next you’ll take your hole punch and punch out all four corners on 3 of the squares, and then the 4th one will only have the top two punched out.
- Then you’ll take your “FALL” letters and modge podge them onto the squares.
- The next part is a little tricky; how much ribbon you will need will depend on how large your squares are, but take the 4th square with only two punches are weave the ribbon through from the back to the front on both sides.
- Now line up the next square and and weave the ribbon from front to back on the bottom, on both sides; then you’ll weave the ribbon up to the top of the square and weave from back to front.
- Repeat this weaving for the last two squares; when you get to the end, just tie the ribbon into a bow so that you may hang it!
- Finally, attach all of your fun little decorations that you’ve picked out!