These oven roasted Italian Garlic and Parmesan Potatoes are basically delicious goodness that is smothered in olive oil, garlic, Italian seasonings, and Parmesan cheese!! They definitely make a great side to any main dish! I honestly could eat potatoes every night of the week, however when they’re made like this, you seriously think about having them twice a day! :) ENJOY!
Italian Garlic and Parmesan Potatoes
- 2 lbs russet potatoes
- 1/4 c olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 c grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- red pepper flakes, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees while you generously butter an 8×10″ casserole dish.
- Peel and cut the potatoes into half inch wide half moons, then place the potatoes in a big mixing bowl.
- Toss with 2 tbsp of oil, italian seasoning, garlic, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper, and half the Parmesan; you cal also add a few pinches of red pepper flakes if you like.
- Make sure all is mixed well, then pour into the casserole dish (try not to miss out on any spices or garlic left in the bowl).
- Sprinkle a tbsp of Parmesan over the top and drizzle with a tbsp of oil.
- Bake 30 minutes, then remove from the oven and toss well; and sprinkle the remaining Parmesan on top with the remaining oil.
- Then bake 25 more minutes.
- Place them in a serving dish and pour any remaining oil at the bottom of the pan over the served potatoes and garnish with a little fresh parsley.