Do not, I repeat, do not let any delicious Thanksgiving Turkey go to waste! There’s SOOOOO many amazing leftover recipes that you could create, like this Leftover Turkey Noodle Soup recipe!! We tried this last year with our leftover turkey and it was so hearty and very comforting on a cold, fall/winter day. We even froze it because it made SO much! I can guarantee you’ll be so excited to reuse the star of Thanksgiving dinner, once you taste this! :) ENJOY!
Leftover Turkey Noodle Soup recipe
- Carcass from cooked 10- to 12-lb turkey
- 12 c water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp poultry seasoning
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 medium stalks celery, sliced
- 3 c cooked turkey, diced
- package of egg noodles
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Break up turkey carcass to fit 6-quart Dutch oven and add water, salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning.
- Heat to boiling over high heat, then reduce heat to low to simmer for an hour and a 1/2.
- Skim off any residue that rises to the surface, then remove bones and meat from broth to cool.
- When cooled enough to handle, remove meat from bones and cut into bite-size pieces; set aside and discard bones.
- Add turkey meat to broth and heat to boiling, then reduce heat to low and cover; simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in carrots, onion, celery and 3 additional cups of cooked turkey.
- Simmer uncovered 20 to 25 minutes longer, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender.
- While simmering, cook egg noodles to package directions and add to pot after veggies are tender.
- Stir in parsley and serve!