We made this Lemon Puppy Chow last year and it was COMPLETELY delicious! Who says you can’t have Puppy Chow all year long?! :) ENJOY!
Lemon Puppy Chow recipe
- 9 c rice Chex cereal
- 1 and 1/4 c white vanilla baking chips
- 1/4 c butter
- 4 tsp grated lemon peel
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 c powdered sugar
- Measure the cereal into a large bowl and set aside.
- In a 2 qt microwaveable bowl, micro chips, butter, lemon peel and juice, uncovered on high for 1 minute; stir.
- Keep microwaving about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be mixed smooth.
- Then pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.
- Next pour into a 2 gallon resealable plastic food storage bag.
- Add powdered sugar, seal bag; gently shake until well coated.
- Spread on waxed paper or foil to cool.
- Store in an airtight container.