These Peppermint Bark Rice Krispie Treats are always a huge hit whenever we make them! They are literally a family favorite around Christmas time. They’re such a festive treat that will surely brighten up anyone’s day! :) ENJOY!
Peppermint Bark Rice Krispie Treats
- 10.5 oz bag peppermint mini marshmallows
- 4 tbsp butter, plus extra to butter pan
- 5-6 c rice krispie style cereal
- 3 tbsp semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp white chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp vegetable oil, divided
- 1/8 tsp peppermint extract
- 2-3 medium sized candy canes, crushed
In place of the peppermint marshmallows, use regular marshmallows and add about 1/8 teaspoon more of peppermint extract to melted marshmallow mixture.
- Line a 9×13″ pan with foil and lightly butter bottom and about 1″ up sides.
- Melt butter in a very large bowl in the microwave; add marshmallows and stir to coat.
- Heat in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until melted and smooth; add rice krispie cereal and stir to evenly combine.
- With buttered hands, press mixture into prepared pan.
- Place white chocolate chips and 1/4 teaspoon oil in a small bowl; heat in microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until melted and smooth.
- Repeat same process with semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips and add a few drops of peppermint extract.
- Drizzle both chocolates on top of rice krispie treats and sprinkle candy canes on top.
- Let sit until chocolate is set, place pan in fridge to speed process along; cut into squares and eat up.