My sister has been making these for about 6 years now and she pretty much knows that my Christmas is not complete without them. :) Last Christmas she made a triple batch and I was seriously eating Chubbies the end of January (I’m not even joking). :) They are honestly the best cookie you will ever have. I mean, what’s not to like about a triple chocolate cookie with nuts? NOTHING! :) ENJOY!
Chocolate Chubbies recipe
- 1 stick unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 9 oz semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 3 oz unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 and 1/4 c sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 c semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 and 1/2 c pecans, chopped
- 1 and 1/4 c walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; line sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Melt butter in a saucepan; add the semisweet and unsweetened chocolate stirring often until melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Stir until cooled slightly but still warm (about 5 minutes).
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt together into a medium bowl.
- Whip the eggs in another bowl until the eggs are foamy and lightly thickened.
- Gradually add the sugar, then the vanilla.
- Whip until the eggs are very thick and pale yellow.
- Beat in the tepid chocolate, making sure it is completely incorporated.
- Gradually add the flour mixture.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, pecans, and walnuts making ingredients are evenly distributed evenly; the dough will be somewhat soft.
- Using a 2-inch ice-cream scoop, portion the batter onto the prepared pans, placing the cookies about 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies immediately for 17-20 minutes; if you wait, they won’t be shiny after baking.
- If you lift a cookie from the pan, the edges should release easily, even if the center of the cookie seems underdone; do not overbake.
- Cool completely on the baking pans.