Walnut-Rosemary Oven-Fried Chicken
I’m always on the hunt for different ways to have chicken since some people in my family just get annoyed with eating chicken all the time, so this recipe stumbled upon my lap and it is delicious! It’s crunchy, flavorful, juicy, and was a hit with the fam! :) ENJOY!
- 1/4 c low-fat buttermilk or substitute
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/3 c panko crumbs
- 1/3 c chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan Cheese
- 3/4 tsp rosemary
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Combine buttermilk and mustard in a shallow dish stirring with a whisk; add the chicken to coat.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, toast the panko crumbs until golden brown; remove from heat and combine the panko crumbs with finely chopped walnuts, parmesan cheese, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Remove chicken from buttermilk mixture and dredge in crumb mixture, place chicken on lined pan.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.