We recently had this Chicken with Balsamic Bell Peppers recipe and it was SO good! The spices really make the dish enjoyable and changes it so it’s not just “another weeknight recipe.” :) ENJOY!
Roast Chicken with Balsamic Bell PeppersPrint Recipe
- 5/8 tsp salt, divided
- 3/4 tsp fennel seeds, crushed
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- cooking spray
- 2 c thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1 c thinly sliced yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 c thinly sliced onion
- 1 and 1/2 tsp chopped rosemary
- 1 c fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat
Combine 1/2 teaspoon salt, fennel seeds, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, garlic powder, and oregano; brush chicken with 1 1/2 teaspoons oil and sprinkle spice rub over chicken.
Add 1 and 1/2 teaspoons oil to pan, then add chicken and cook until browned.
Remove chicken and reduce heat to medium-high and add remaining olive oil.
Add bell peppers, onion, and rosemary; sauté 3 minutes.
Stir in broth, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes.
Add chicken back in skillet; increase heat to medium-high.
Stir in vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; cook until chicken is no longer pink, stirring frequently.
Serve bell pepper mixture over chicken.