I LOVE chicken in any shape or form and this recipe is no different. I saw this Roasted Chicken with Carrots recipe while watching Michael Symon on the chew one day and knew I had to try it. It takes a bit to prepare, but it’s way worth it! It’s so moist and delicious while being super flavorful! Your family will for sure love it! :) ENJOY!
Roasted Chicken with Carrots
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 lb carrots, peeled and trimmed
- handful of thyme
- 1 head garlic, peeled
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- 1 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper
- 3/4 c low sodium chicken stock
- 3/4 c panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 c almonds, crushed
- 1/4 c parsley, chopped
- 1/2 orange, zested
- Preheat your oven to 475 degrees.
- Lay out the carrots in a single layer on a roasting pan and drizzle with olive oil while seasoning with salt and pepper
- You may also sprinkle carrots with some thyme.
- Stuff the cavity of chicken with thyme, garlic, and lemon.
- Combine the paprika with 2 teaspoons of salt and sprinkle liberally all over the chicken.
- Next, season chicken with freshly cracked pepper and place the chicken on top of carrots.
- Drizzle top of chicken with olive oil then place in the oven for 60-70 minutes or until the chicken and the internal temperature is 165 degrees.
- Meanwhile, place a sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the breadcrumbs and almonds and toast, stirring occasionally until golden brown (3-5 minutes).
- Next, pour mixture into a bowl with parsley and orange zest; mix, then set aside.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and place it on a cutting board.
- Next, remove the carrots to a platter then place the roasting pan over the stove top burner.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to a simmer while scraping the brown bits off of the bottom.
- Let the liquid simmer while the chicken rests (about 10 minutes).
- To serve, place the carrots on plate and top with breadcrumb mixture and then slice the chicken breast; place the chicken beside carrots and spoon chicken liquid over top.