Who doesn’t love a great make-ahead breakfast?! This Simple Baked Pecan French Toast Casserole is definitely a keeper to have on hand for any occasion, including Mother’s Day! Whether you’re making it for mom, or with mom, this is a meal that should be made to share over a cup of coffee! You could even make it for mom for her own personal breakfast in bed morning! :) Who doesn’t love the flattering combination of breakfast and bed, anyway?! Breakfast in Bed has become a bit of a lost art, but Casper, a memory foam mattress company based in NYC recently hosted a Breakfast in Bed Fest to try and bring it back! It’s sweet, crunchy, oooey, and gooey! SO delish! :) DEFINITELY ENJOY this one with Mom and don’t forget to tell her how much she means to you! :)
Baked Pecan French Toast Casserole
- 1 loaf Texas toast bread, cubed
- 6 large eggs
- 1 and 3/4 c milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 c unsalted butter
- 1 c light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 c pecans, chopped
- Place bread in a 2 qt baking dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, milk, cinnamon, vanilla, cloves, nutmeg, and salt; pour over cubed bread.
- Melt butter and then whisk in brown sugar and add in chopped pecans; then pour over bread.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25 minutes with foil on; then remove foil and bake an additional 20 minutes.