My family and I used to eat spaghetti with sausage, however, when we found this recipe a few years ago in The Biggest Loser cookbook, we no longer use sausage. :) While I say this Biggest Loser’s Spaghetti and Turkey Meatballs recipe is from The Biggest Loser cookbook, we have altered it a bit, but it’s still just as delicious and healthy. This will surely become your family’s favorite! :) ENJOY!
Biggest Loser’s Spaghetti and Turkey Meatballs
- cooking spray
- 1/2 c panko bread crumbs
- 2 c loosely packed fresh parsley or 1 c dried parsley
- 1/4 c milk
- 1 egg white
- 3/4 c of onion
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 lb of ground turkey
- 3 c marinara sauce (we used homemade tomato sauce)
- Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees; lightly mist a large nonstick baking sheet with cookie spray.
- In a medium bowl, add bread crumbs and parsley to mix.
- Stir in milk and egg white; add onion, salt, pepper, and ground turkey.
- Next mix mixture until well combined; then divide mixture into 12 balls.
- Place balls on baking sheet so they do not touch and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add marinara sauce to a medium saucepan over medium heat, stir often until hot; then turn down to low while you cook spaghetti according to package instructions.
- When meatballs are done, add them to sauce to coat; then serve on a plat over cooked spaghetti, then top with Parmesan cheese.