This is SUCH an easy version of stuffed peppers. It doesn’t take hardly any time to make, and for those that do not like rice in their peppers, this will definitely satisfy them! We’ve tried MANY stuffed pepper recipes, but this version of a Low Carb “Stuffed” Peppers recipe seems to be the easiest and healthiest! It’s also one of our family’s favorite meals! ENJOY! :)
Easy “Stuffed” Peppers
- 2 large green bell peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- allspice, large pinch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 14 oz diced tomatoes
- parsley, for topping (optional)
- Drizzle the bell peppers with water in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave 10 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a wide saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Then add the onion and cook, stirring until golden (about 5 minutes).
- Add the turkey, garlic, thyme, allspice and salt to pan and cook, stirring until the turkey is brown and crisp (about 3 minutes).
- Next add the tomatoes to the pan and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Arrange the bell peppers on top, cover, and simmer for about 5 more minutes.
- Divide the peppers among plates and spoon mixture into the peppers; top with parsley (optional).