Ever get tired of those BORING green beans? Yeah, me too! :) However after you make this Sweet Bacon Green Beans recipe, you won’t feel that way! :) This is definitely a recipe that everyone will love! The sweetness from the brown sugar and the salty from the bacon really do make those “boring” green beans so incredibly delicious! And since there are green beans in this recipe, they have to be healthy, right?? :) ENJOY!
Sweet Bacon Green Beans
- 3-4 c fresh green beans
- 6 pieces bacon, 1″ pieces
- 1/4 c butter
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- garlic salt, to taste
- In a large skillet, fry the bacon over medium heat until done, but not quite crispy.
- Drain extra grease and then add butter and brown sugar to cook while stirring occasionally over medium heat until the brown sugar has dissolved.
- Place green beans in a pot and fill with about 1 inch of water; bring water to a boil and then place the lid on the pot to steam the beans over medium heat until cooked through.
- Drain the water from the beans, season with garlic salt, and stir in the sugar and bacon mixture.
- If the brown sugar mixture starts to go hard, you can quickly reheat it before pouring it over your beans.